As wedding season is quickly approaching, I thought I would share some of our favorite items that we absolutely loved off our registry. Going through the process of registering was actually more time consuming than either myself or I expected. A few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you think about a wide range of price points. It’s important to remember that everyone feels comfortable spending different amounts of wedding gifts and need options for both bridal shower gifts and wedding gifts.
- The more you register for, the less random gifts you can expect. Tom and I registered for a lot of different trinkets that we knew we randomly needed around the house and that would make great bridal shower gifts. From cookie spatulas, to trivets, to cute coasters, we tried to cover all our bases. The smaller gifts are absolutely perfect for the fun engagement parties and bridal showers.
- Having your family & friends at your celebrations is honestly a gift itself. Should your loved ones decide to be generous and give a gift, that is absolutely wonderful but don’t forget to be appreciative by having them there next to you during your celebrations!
So here is a link to our entire registry. Since we wanted to give everyone options, we decided on three different locations to register at. A nice thing about wherever you register is that after your wedding, whatever items were not purchased, you get the option to buy usually at a discount for the following 6-12 months after your wedding. It’s really a blessing and a curse at the same time because we ended up buying so much stuff after the wedding that we didn’t get as gifts! Whoops. Okay, below are some of our favorites:
- These dinner bowls are my go-to. Tom and I use them for pretty much everything. Whether we’re making chicken over sautéed veggies, a stir-fry, or just your basic salad, these bowls can do no wrong. I use them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I seriously almost feel like I don’t even need any other dishes besides these, that’s how often I use them.
- I’m a huge fan of picture frames but that much more after our wedding and wanting to frame as many pictures as I could! This gorgeous Kate Spade frame is absolutely beautiful and just classic. It comes in a few sizes (we only registered for the 8×10) but plan on adding more at some point to our collection. I’ve had a few friends purchase this frame as well and they love just as much as I do! I think I’ve seen it in gold as well which would be just as pretty.
- I wasn’t totally sure on this blanket originally and I’m so happy I stuck with my gut and kept it once it was gifted. Besides the fact that it fits my queen bed really well (for some reason other blankets I’ve had on my bed never fit right), it keeps me super warm in the winter and cool enough in the summer. It’s light and airy while being snuggly and cozy. Though it’s a little on the pricey side, it’s a great investment and is on our bed every single night when it’s not being washed.
- I’m not a huge champagne drinker but I can most certainly throw back a few glasses of sparking rosé. Though we aren’t usually serving bubbly to guests when they come over, having a set of champagne flutes is a must. When I first spotted these flutes, I was hooked, they are just different than your average flute. And even though we don’t use them on the reg, every time I do bust them out, I just love them all over again.
- Prior to getting married, we didn’t have a set of 12 matching highball glasses and it definitely kind of annoyed me. Tom had some random glasses I assume from his college days but I was ready for a new set! We found this simple yet classic set that is perfect for everyday use. There are so many options out there for glasses, but these we by far my, I mean our, favorite. I was definitely pretty excited when this gift came in the mail 🙂
- Another pet peeve of mine from when we first lived together prior to getting married was that we didn’t have matching silverware sets. Since Tom and I like to host fairly often, I would get embarrassed that we barely had two matching sets of silverware let alone 12 sets. We had registered for a few different options between Macy’s and Crate & Barrel and ended up sticking to one set in particular from Crate & Barrel. I know it’s weird because it’s just silverware, but I LOVE THIS SET! And it’s not just me, Tom loves this silverware just as much. I’m not sure if we’re obsessed because it all matches or because we just love the style, weight, and look of them. Either way, this silverware is amaze.
So there’s the quick run down of some of our favorite items off our registry. When it comes to some of the smaller items that I just love, this cutting board, tea light holders, and serving tongs were on the top of my favorites.
Would love to hear if any of you have specific favorites from your registry! Can definitely already add to my collection of home goods 🙂